Classified Ad Specifications
The WMAIA website will publish classified ads for job postings and for architects and allied professionals seeking jobs. This service is free of charge to members and member firms.
PLEASE NOTE: In order to ensure that our Classifieds page is up to date, ads will be removed upon request from the posting member/firm, OR every 3 months – whichever comes first. If you’d like your ad to remain on the site for more than 3 months, please contact us prior to the end of each yearly quarter (end of March, June, September, December).
Ads must be a MAXIMUM of 150 words per position sought or offered. Please include preferred method of contact, and contact information. We will post ads within 3 days of receipt.
Please send ads to the Director via email.
AIA Career Center Online
The AIA Career Center encourages an integrative career and professional development process that enhances your skill set. Visit the Career Center for tools to help you in your job search.
Jones Whitsett Architects
Jones Whitsett Architects is seeking an architect or design project manager with 5 – 10 years experience. The ideal candidate has strong Construction Document and Construction Administration experience. Candidates should have a strong desire to work on projects of various scales and in a myriad of capacities.
Located in Greenfield, MA, JWA is a deeply collaborative 10 person firm dedicated to improving the built environment of Western Massachusetts. We strive for a healthy and productive work/life balance. We offer a competitive benefits package, including paid federal holidays.
- Strong graphic and design sensibilities.
- Solid knowledge of Revit.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized and disciplined in approach to design and practice.
- Open-minded and detail oriented.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and work examples in PDF format no larger than 5 MB to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
ARCHITECT / PROJECT MANAGER
Minimum 10-15 years of experience.
- Comprehensive understanding of the MA Building Code, IEBC, IBC, IECC and 521 CMR.
- Capable of writing proposals for architectural services, establishing project budgets, monitoring work flow vs. budgeted time with key staff and consultants. Applicant must have extensive experience in code review, specification writing, and be familiar with AIA contract documents and able to assume project leadership, including design, client communication, construction drawings, bidding, contracting.
- Proficient in preparing complete, detailed construction documents for both renovation & new construction. Familiarity with basic construction systems; masonry, wood, light gauge metal stud, steel; and energy efficient envelope detailing.
- AutoCAD and DataCad
- Microsoft office suite
- Bluebeam and Revit a plus
- Resume, cover letter, portfolio, salary requirement, 3 references
- Must be able to commute to our office in East Longmeadow, MA- this is not a remote position.
Contact: Allison Lapierre-Houle via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
CAPITAL PROJECT MANAGER LEVEL II (2 positions)
Design & Construction Management Division, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA
Under the direction of an Assistant Director in Facilities Planning, is responsible for project management for capital projects utilizing both in-house resources and external consultants.
• Bachelor’s degree in architecture, engineering, construction management, or a related field or a Professional Registration as an architect or engineer in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts or the ability to obtain Massachusetts registration within one year.
• Five years of experience in design and construction
• Working knowledge of architecture, engineering, construction management, and design principles, systems, code regulations, and construction practices and the ability to apply this knowledge to complex problems.
• Ability to effectively manage and coordinate the work of consultants, contractors, and others connected with this work. Ability to effectively coordinate this work with affected campus constituencies.
• Demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
SPACE INFORMATION MANAGER
Campus Planning, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA
This position directs, manages, and supervises the collection, updating, and dissemination of the space inventory information for over 12 million gross square footage (gsf) of facilities that comprise the UMass Amherst campus. The position also requires training university staff in the accurate use of their part of the system and updating their unit’s data.
A Bachelor’s Degree in science, engineering, facilities planning, architecture, or computer science is required.
For more information including minimum qualifications and application instructions, please visit the UMASS website.
The University of Massachusetts Amherst is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities and encourages applications from these and other protected group members.