- This event has passed.
Tough Plants, Tough Places
July 20 @ 8:15 am - 3:15 pm
Presented by The Connecticut Chapter of the American Society of Landscape Architects
When: Thursday, July 20, 2017
Time: 8:15 a.m.-3:15 p.m.
Where: Naugatuck Valley Community College, Waterbury, CT
Continuing Education Credits:
LA CES: 5.0 PDH/HSW
AIA-CES: 5.0 LU/HSW
CT DEEP Pesticide Recertification Credits: 3A/5, 6/2
A continuing education program on planting plans that accommodate difficult sites, with associated horticulture research for meeting challenging conditions. Part symposium, part tour, the day will include a site walk of a campus installation designed by SLAM Collaborative, as well as a tour of the American Rose Trials, Earth Kind Rose Trials, and Tamarack Arboretum.
Presentations will cover:
- Tips and Techniques for Establishing a Native Meadow from Seed
- Designing Successful Improvements for Increasingly Challenging Sites
- Sustainable Shrub Roses for Landscape Professionals
- The Benefits of Transitioning to the Use of Native Plants for Re-vegetation Along New England Roadways
- PLUS: Exhibitors and raffle prizes!